Believe it or not, the holidays are just around the corner. And this year, smart home products could be the perfect gift for your loved ones.
After all, research shows that Americans who have smart home technology really love it. According to an August survey from Coldwell Banker Real Estate and CNET, 91 percent of people who have smart home products would recommend the technology, and 87 percent of those who have smart home products say it makes their life easier.
If you’re thinking about gifting a smart home product this year, consider spreading holiday cheer with these great presents.
1. August Smart Lock: The August Smart Lock can turn your smartphone into a smart key – and more. You can lock and unlock your door, create virtual keys for guests and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your iOS or Android phone. The price starts at $199.
2. Lutron Caséta Wireless: This connected home solution allows for lights, battery-powered shades and temperature to be controlled from a mobile device. An easy DIY solution that’s affordable, these products are less than $150.
3. The Nest Learning Thermostat: The 3rd gen Nest Learning Thermostat helps you save energy and money! It learns what temperature you like and builds a schedule around yours. Plus, Nest allows you to see how much energy you use every day and every month, so you can adjust your behavior and save money. At $249, it could be a nice holiday gift for a friend or family member.
4. Dupont Corian Charging Surface: With this brand new technology, you can charge your smartphone wirelessly in your home by placing it on a futuristic countertop. Dupont doesn’t set prices directly, but according to CNET, consumers can expect to pay about $200 per charging station.
5. Neato Botvac Connected Robot Vacuum: This product from Neato could be the perfect gift for the neat freak in your life. With it, you can clean your home anytime, anywhere from your smartphone. It’s not cheap, though: the WiFi powered vacuum costs around $500.
6. Parrot Flower Power: Have someone with a green thumb in your life? If so, this “smart pot” could be the perfect holiday gift. Its sensor assesses your plants’ needs, and then its app sends alerts to your smartphone so you can truly take care of your plants. The product costs $60.
Get “smart” this holiday shopping season. Your friends and family members will thank you for it.